Author Topic: Site Update! [8/27/14]  (Read 3187 times)

Admins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Update! [8/27/14]
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »
Big changes are happening to the site!

• All threads have been archived that have not been posted in 2014, although they will also probably be archived because we are doing a...
  • Site Reset! There is a new plot being built and discussed, and hopefully after we work out the kinks we should be able to unveil it! Unfortunately this also means...
  • KHE's very first Activity Check! At least as far as I am aware. More details to follow, but we're going to send out a site email and let everyone know of this new thing. Because of how long it's been since an update, we'll probably host the Activity Check for a FULL MONTH. Anyone who has not posted in the AC will be DELETED! BE AFRAID OF THE REPERCUSSIONS. I'm sure they're not so bad, though. Hopefully. ( . .) But, to accompany the Activity Check...
  • Character Profiles are being archived! Every single one of them! That's okay, though! They aren't going away! When we open applications you can nab it, make adjustments to incorporate the new site plot, and reapply.

I think that's it! More news to follow, once we square everything away and get everything up to speed. Point is, don't be afraid of what's going on! Everything is under control??

Oh by the way, I removed the Instant Message feature because it seemed like it was bogging the site down. It's not gone, just hidden, so it can be recovered easy enough. Let me know if this is a travesty!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:05:55 PM by Admins »

Admins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Site Update! [8/27/14]
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
Okay! Are we almost ready?

Changes and additions we have made to the site include:

• All posts have been archived in every board, so we are ready to start on a clean slate.
  • New World categories have been added! KH Worlds, Disney Worlds, FF Worlds, and Other Worlds.
  • An Activity Check has been posted. Make sure you sign it!
  • A new site plot has been developed!
  • Along with a new site plot, a site timeline has been developed to help returning members keep certain events from the old plot as part of their character history.
  • The old factions have been reworked, and the Elite, Pax Malum, and the Betwixt (neutrals) have new descriptions and goals.
  • New Worlds are being added, for instance Ivalice of FFXII, and more worlds are soon to come.
  • The general rules have been updated
  • A new character template has been developed.
  • Canon/OC Character Rules and Guidelines have been written for character applications.
  • A Peer Review System has been developed, which we hope to implement on certain canon characters as well as some special cases.
  • New board descriptions for worlds are being written to incorporate the new site plot
  • Avatars have been adjusted so that you can upload an avatar of 120x150px.
  • The site instant messaging feature has been hidden, as we were receiving reports of it slowing down the site. If you wish it to come back, let us know!

I think that's all! Woo! We have been busy, busy bees.

Admins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »
Atty had such a nice, clean app for Emri that I had to steal the template! So new template has been provided for character applications!

http://khelite.com/forums/index.php?topic=5.0

Sam Hain

• The Horror
  • How many of those organs are REALLY vital, anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:32:23 AM »
Oooooh joy... another site reset....
Heatherblaze Lamplight - Unicorn Magic Knight
Dead Drunk Jimmy Jock MacFeegle - Wee Pally-dan o' Kord
Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz - Evil Scientist

Bluebird

• *chirp chirp*
  • Bluebird singing in the DEAD OF NIGHT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:17 AM »
This is our second? Or third? I'm not sure, actually.
Aerynn (Aegyl): Bio | Full Bodied | Chibi!
Anna of Arendelle (Human): Bio | Full Size | Chibi!
Nyika (Terran): Bio | Full Bodied | Chibi!
Zephyr (Aeristocrat): Bio | Full Bodied | Chibi!

Sarah

• I'm so tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:58:38 AM »
This is our second? Or third? I'm not sure, actually.

Sadly I dont think he means restart - like Universe of Khe restart

but our attempts at starting Khe back up from the dead

Bluebird

• *chirp chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 07:06:44 AM »
Ah. Well, we'll see what happens! I think we can have a good run, and I know people are excited about this. I've got a contest in the works that I hope everyone will like!

Game

• Forever Fiction
  • Win if you can.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »
A story and character reset sounds pretty good, but I can't get behind the following:

Anyone who has not posted in the AC will be DELETED!

Honestly, permanent deletion is a pretty shitty thing to do. I'm still on a two-week long vacation where my Internet access is very limited. While there's plenty of time for me to get everything I need done, it's entirely possible that there are some who have even more limited access or just aren't quite ready to come back and you're ready to just off them for good, erasing their entire posting history and statistics. Please, don't do it. Delete accounts that are obvious spam bots or were never active, but don't erase someone's past.
Check out my absence thread to see where I am!

Scarlett

• The Devil Inside
  • #TheStruggleIsReal
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
A story and character reset sounds pretty good, but I can't get behind the following:

Anyone who has not posted in the AC will be DELETED!

Honestly, permanent deletion is a pretty shitty thing to do. I'm still on a two-week long vacation where my Internet access is very limited. While there's plenty of time for me to get everything I need done, it's entirely possible that there are some who have even more limited access or just aren't quite ready to come back and you're ready to just off them for good, erasing their entire posting history and statistics. Please, don't do it. Delete accounts that are obvious spam bots or were never active, but don't erase someone's past.

It also says underneath that anything they posted will be saved, so if it does happen, all they have to do is reapply, unless somehow that isn't possible.
Scarlett "It's a mad world that we scramble to find an answer too. "
Young Scarlett "Oh wow! This is so awesome!"
Ilaria "The things I can do with my mind would amaze you."
Rapunzel "Life is an adventure to be experienced."
Aelia Power Cells in Aelia's Possession-6.

Bluebird

• *chirp chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »
I was going to check the implications of such a move. One forum I was on could recover post history if you applied back and made the same username.

You make a valid point. If I can't find a way to recover post history I will abandon the account deletion route for something less permanent.

Bluebird

• *chirp chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:59:55 AM »
Success! I managed to create a username, post some things, delete the account (which made all posts become guest posts), reapply to the forum with the same username, and reattributed all posts back to the account. This included post count, which was an automatic thing and needed no manipulation on my part.

Check my work! http://khelite.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1073

So does that ease things a little? So long as a user reapplies with the same account name (or even a brand new name and we can make it so that their old posts are attributed to their new account), we can restore their old posts and their post count.

I'm looking for a way to trim the membership count, since we don't really have over a hundred members anymore. It'll make searching for active users easier and give a better idea of how many players we have.

Let me know if this is cool or if there are still reservations about this. I am definitely open to suggestions.

Game

• Forever Fiction
  • Win if you can.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 12:46:38 AM »
I'm always going to be uneasy when it comes to permanent account deletion, that'll never change, but having the ability to recover does help ease my feelings a little. Perhaps you should make information on account recovery more accessible for those who do return after account deletion? Send out a mass email detailing that deleted accounts aren't completely lost to the wind so former members who didn't make it back in time are aware that everything they've done isn't gone and can be easily recovered?

I would just hate to see someone come back thinking, "oh hey, I want to get back into this," only to find they've been removed and have no idea where to go or what to do from there. I can see it acting as a deterrent for their return. That's where most of my uneasiness comes from.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:35:33 AM by Game »
Check out my absence thread to see where I am!

Bluebird

• *chirp chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 05:31:52 PM »
Note!!!

If you want a world added, ask for it! We will be more than happy to add it for you. We may reserve worlds for specifics reasons, but we would love to talk to you about it and reach an accord!